Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 4, 2018

A twist to my long weekend travel plan - Cowboy Country!

So,  it happens that my husband hardly gets time off from his work and we try to club the long weekends and wander off to some new location. As it was time for labor day weekend, my initial plan was to plan on flying somewhere close to Yellowstone and have that national park covered this time. While I was in discussion with a friend at work, she spoke highly of some smaller villages around Grand Teton and when I looked up the images of this place, my heart wanted to skip anything else and go straight up to this place, so was wondering how to fit everything in one long weekend. Fast forward to few days, my husband smiles and says, we are going to do a bigger trip around this place for 2 weeks!! The surprise doesn't end there - he says "we are going to be in an RV with Tarun and Ananya (our friends who apparently were also planning trip towards these locations but a longer one)

Let me tell you, I had never been in an RV (recreational vehicle - for my Indian friends, it is the Caravan which Shah Rukh Khan travels in Swades movie :) ), kind of never been on a 2 week vacation roaming around different places in a stretch and etc etc.... I was honestly not sure what to expect and in times like that, I keep my expectations very very, very low - which has always worked well for me!

Our friend had some RV experience and was not a novice in long hikes and all. He shared the entire plan of what all will be covered each day, what food we plan on consuming, how much clothes to carry and how to be prepared for the RV stay. Usually in our family, I get to plan vacations and here, I kind of was relieved that I had to do nothing! Also, this particular plan looked no less than a project plan. Being agile, I knew and anticipated, it would get changes once we started! (Ok, I will not get into the work lingo anymore!)


So, here is the map of what we intended to cover in our 2 week trip:



Since this involved so many beautiful places, it would be unfair to put everything in one single blog. So, I plan to break it up into multiple of them and share with you all:












PC: our phones and Tarun(aka Chotu's Camera :) )


Continue the journey  to 

The Good views of the bad lands, the devil and the rush!

No comments:

Voices in my head

I am never alone Those days have gone long There are voices, there are voices… There are voicessssss up - when I close my eyes ...