Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 3, 2018

ಹಳೇ ಬೇರು- ಹೊಸ ಚಿಗುರು!

I saw this pic which my friend had as her WhatsApp DP and I was inspired to write something from a point of view of the woman linking the root and the bud :)


PS: I am not sure I could provide enough justice with the translation. This was a small effort as my friends kept demanding me to translate :)


PC: Shreedevi (Thank you!) 


ಸಂಗಾತಿ ಜೊತೆಗಿರಲು,
ಜೀವನದಿ ಹಗಲಿರುಳು,
ಬಿಂಬವಾಗಿ ನಿಂತಿರಲು
ಹಳೇ ಬೇರು- ಹೊಸ ಚಿಗುರು....

While the compainion
is there through the walk of life,
standing there I see the reflection,
Old root - new bud......

ನನ್ನೆಲ್ಲ ನೆನಪುಗಳ
ರಾಗಗಳ ಗಾಯಕನು - ಹಳೇ ಬೇರು
ನನ್ನೆಲ್ಲ ನಾಳೆಗಳ
ಸಾಗರದ ನಾವಿಕನು - ಹೊಸ ಚಿಗುರು
Singer of all of my past memories
beholding all my emotions - old root
Navigator of all my
future ocean of hopes  - new bud


ಕಳೆದೆಲ್ಲಾ ದಿನಗಳ ಮೆಲುಕಲು,
ಬರುವೆಲ್ಲ ಕ್ಷಣಗಳ ಕನಸು ಕಾಣಲು,
ಜೊತೆಯಾಗಿ ನಡೆ ನೀ - ಕನ್ನಡಿಯಾಗಿ
ಜೊತೆಗಾರ ಬೆಸೆದಿರು ನನ್ನಯ..... ಹಳೇ ಬೇರು- ಹೊಸ ಚಿಗುರು!

To reminiscence all my past,
to dream together a dream of tomorrow,
to reflect on my life, to see along with me,
Stay my love and bond with my - old root and new bud!

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful way to honor our ancestral roots and the mentors that help us bloom; until one day it will become our turn to take the role of the to inspire future blossoms.

Unknown said...

beautiful, now i will translate n hindi and let you know :)

So.....me said...

Sure, please do and I will post the Hindi version too :)

Voices in my head

I am never alone Those days have gone long There are voices, there are voices… There are voicessssss up - when I close my eyes ...