Total Pageviews

Monday, November 6, 2017

Wild West road trip through 5 states, through my lens

It had been couple of months since a road trip that we had taken from Seattle to many parts of Oregon, which I have shared with you all in my previous blog  and I got too excited when my husband decided a road trip with my visiting mother-in-law to Las Vegas and nearby tourist attractions, instead of taking a flight.
I have my own inclination towards a road or train trip which lets me float away into my own world looking at the never ending road or the passing by terrain.

I must say our trip was pretty packed due to the fact that it takes a day to get out of Texas! We started our day 1 pretty early in the morning with a target of covering at least 75% of our journey the same day(it was a 15.5 hrs drive one way to Vegas!) and pretty much started regretting within the first 3 hours as we had absolutely nothing to look at because of the flat terrain Texas had up in the North(that doesn't mean you have nothing to see in Texas. Check out some cool pics and details about one of the places in Texas Hill Country  and there is a lot more to Texas).
Windmills tried to add some motion to the rather boring drive!
Too early for snow in Texas, so here is some cotton! ;)

Since I have so many different experiences to share, I will break them down into multiple blogs so that I don't bore you to the extent the drive till Texas border bored us ;)

Checkout
The drive, the divide and the crater

Walnut Canyon in Arizona

Vegas, Antelope and Horse Shoe bend


Details:
5 days of travel through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and Utah

On the way attractions(Not listing everything):

  • Texas : Paul Duro Canyon
  • New Mexico : Plan a separate trip to cover this amazing place. Based on what time of the year you travel, you have a lot of action here (Albuquerque for skiing, baloon festivals, Santa Fe, Santa Rosa etc)
  • Arizona: Options to stop at Flagstaff or take a little detour and cover Sedona and Grand Canyon
  • Nevada: Vegas strip!
  • Utah: Lots of national parks (Zion National park and also the drive itself is picturesque) 







No comments:

Voices in my head

I am never alone Those days have gone long There are voices, there are voices… There are voicessssss up - when I close my eyes ...