Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

wanna fly the kite...


This article was written on a winter morning and hence refernce to teh blore winter :) Just in case u feel, that am crazy to imagine Blore being cool in this summer ;)
Here we go....

The day was as perfect as always… Morning in Bangalore s too gud in winter… with the mist covered everywhere….
As usual my dream starts when I am sitting alone in the office cab, next to the window….
I wonder how my imaginations and thoughts moved towards a flying kite.
I could imagine the kites in different colors and shapes…( I think this was the effect of seeing a clip about kite festival in Mangalore)
The very thought of flying a kite made me feel light, as if I was flying high….
It brought in the memories of my childhood, when we used to wait for the exams to get over.
Once the exams finish, the last day would be as if we completed some Ashwamedha.
We would collect all our class notebooks and run to the terrace.
The first book to be torn was always Math, not because it was tough, but mostly because of my brother’s math teacher whom he hated the most in the school.
We would have the wicked smile as we tore each leaf of the notebook and made a paper rocket out of it and flew it….
I think we were good engineers in childhood than are we now, with little or no bugs in our engineering (of rockets, book binding techniques and many such things).
And the neighbors were with all curses for us for bombarding their terraces with papers.” Why do these monsters get holidays?” was the usual words we used to get which hardly mattered for us.
Kite flying would be after launching the rockets, when all the papers of the notebooks would be exhausted and the newspapers are adorned in our hands.
Running around in the street with newspaper, sticks , thread and gum to make a very good kite. And usually there existed a good competition between us to attach the longest tail to our kite.
Once the kites were ready we again would run to the terrace to fly it high…
Each one wanted his/hers to be the highest to fly and be proud of their kite….
It was such a fun to be together and spend our time in the creative and fun filled work.
As soon as I got this thought, I shot a mail to all my old frenz to gather again and fly the kite…
Those who were in town and who were not busy joined me and tried to fly the kite…
I must say that I had almost forgotten the art of flying it and every time was holding the kite in hand and running around the terrace to make it fly a little so that then I could get hold of the art.
But the wind was also playing hard game with us..
Then came our hero Charan and thought us the knack of how to make it fly vertically high, to manage it when the wind blows with force…
We enjoyed like the kids for the whole evening and what if we can’t go to our childhood, we have the same friends still around us who can recreate the same happiness again for us…
Isn’t it???
And yes I must say, this time I had to struggle a lot to find a kite in the shops….
Each one threw a weird look when asked for it…. As if I asked for some narcotics….
Well if happiness is what I am addicted to and sounds crazy, I shall be that…. 
What say?

wanna fly the kite...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi so..

It's awesome...when i'm reading your article i feel like i'm back to my childhood days. hmm i am missing those old and golden days.

Thank you for your heart touching article...

Anonymous said...

ಬಾಲ್ಯದಿಂದ ಇದುವರೆಗೂ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ತರಹದ ಚೇಷ್ಟೆಗಳನ್ನು ಮಾಡಿದ್ದೇನೆ. ಸರಿಸುಮಾರು ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಆಟಗಳನ್ನು ಆಡಿದ್ದೇನೆ. ಒಂದೇ ಕಳಂಕವೆಂದರೆ, ಒಮ್ಮೆಯೂ ಗಾಳಿಪಟ ಹಾರಿಸಿಯೇ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಗಾಳಿಪಟದ ಗಂಧ ಗಾಳಿಯೂ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಇದನ್ನು ಕೇಳಿ ನೀವು ನಂಬಲಿಕ್ಕೆ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಆದರೆ ಇದು ಕಡು ಸತ್ಯ. ಕ್ಲಾಸಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಗದದ ಕಪ್ಪೆ ಹಾರಿಸುವುದು, ಕಾಗದದ ರಾಕೆಟ್, ಇವೆಲ್ಲದರ ಪರಿವೆಯೂ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಹೀಗೆಲ್ಲಾ ಹೇಳಿದ ಮಾತ್ರಕ್ಕೆ ನಾನೇನೊ ಖಂಡಾಪಟ್ಟೆ ಡೀಸೆಂಟ್ ಹುಡುಗ ಅಂತ ಭಾವಿಸಬೇಡಿ. ಪ್ರಾಯಶಃ ಕಾಗದ ಹರಿದರೆ ಮನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಬೈದಾರು ಅಂತ ಸುಮ್ಮನೆ ಇದ್ದೆನೋ ಅಥವಾ ಎನಾದರೂ ಆಗಲಿ ಅಂತ ಮೊಂಡು ಧೈರ್ಯ ಬಾರದೆ ಇದ್ದಿತೋ ಗೊತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ..

"ನಾನು ಬೆಂಗ್ಳೂರಿಗೆ ಬಂದಾಗ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಮನೆಗೆ ಬರ್ತಿನಿ. ಗಾಳಿಪಟ ಹಾಸಿಸೋದನ್ನ ಹೇಳಿಕೊಡಿ" (ಯಾರಿಗೆ ಗೊತ್ತು..... ಮುಂದೆ ನನಗೊಂದೆರೆಡ್ಮೂರು ಮದುವೆ ಆಗಿ ಮಕ್ಕಳು-ಮೊಮ್ಮೊಕ್ಕಳಾಗಿ ಅವರು ಗಾಳಿಪಟ ಹಾರಿಸೋದು ಹೇಳಿಕೊಡು ಅಂತ ನನಗೆ ಗಂಟುಬಿದ್ದರೆ...................;-) )

Anonymous said...

heyyyy

its awesome girl

i wanna fly kites now, but i donno how


wow wat a ryming. may be inspired by you.

Archu said...

very nice article!!
cheers,
Archana

Voices in my head

I am never alone Those days have gone long There are voices, there are voices… There are voicessssss up - when I close my eyes ...